STM32 Secure Patching Bootloader
STM32 Secure Patching Bootloader
Based upon our proven Firmware Modules Secure Boot and Secure Firmware Update (FM-SBSFU), we bring to you a new, simplified and improved solution that makes it far easier to get world-class secure firmware update capabilities into any STM32-based embedded system.
We are pleased to bring you the STM32 Secure Patching Bootloader.
- Dual slot architecture.
- Encrypted and signed firmware update images.
- Delta Patch Engine.
- Multiple bootloader update methods where hardware permits: UART or USB flash.
- In-application (IAP) and over-the-air (OTA) update support via API.
- Pre-built libraries - nothing to build, it just works out of the box.
- Ready-to-go firmware image preparation scripts for Python including secure patch generation.
- 64-bytes uninitialized area reserved at start of RAM for user application requirements such as fault info reporting.
- 128-byte reserved OTP area for secure identity provisioning.
- Reserves 40-80 KB at start of internal flash.
- Reserves 5 KB at start of SRAM for IAP services.
The solution has a FREE development edition for supported NUCLEO, DISCO and EVAL boards.
Refer to our GitHub Repository to setup and use our bootloader system with one of these platforms.
If you are launching a commercial product or project with custom hardware, consider supporting us by registering the STM32 Secure Patching Bootloader.
Registered users of the STM32 Secure Patching Bootloader get:
- Bootloader library customized for your platform (E.g. flash layout, clock configuration, UART I/O configuration).
- Dedicated personalized support through email.
Our Standard Registration includes all features and capabilities except for external flash and multisegment support.
Our External Flash Registration include all features and capabilities of the Standard Registration plus support for your board's external (Q)(O)SPI flash and possible MultiSegment extention of SLOT0 according to your specifications.
After registration we will get you a short questionnaire to fill out with your specific STM32 Secure Patching Bootloader configuration needs. You will have your customized bootloader within as little as 1 day!
While we offer a comprehensive Quick Start Guide for your development team to reference while performing the bootloader integration into your application and build system, some customers prefer us to handle it. We charge $1000 CAD for the bootloader integration service. For as little as $3495 you can have your product's core bootloader and firmware update system solved without allocating any internal resources. Quite a bargain!
Our STM2 Secure Patching Bootloader Customization Questionnaire
|MCU Part Number||STM32F429ZI|
Clock Source: HSE? Speed?
(Note: HSE is optional in projects without USB)
|HSE=YES,24 MHZ HSE=NO|
Internal Flash Allocation
All remaining, or
Diagnostic UART Parameters (115200,N,8,1 default)
External Flash YES/NO and Part Number
* Requires External Flash Registration
YES - MX25LM51245G
CLK - PA7, CS - PA8, MISO - PA9, MOSI - PA10
* YES only valid if External Flash is YES
* Specify start of (Q)(O)SPI memory mapped address
* Specify start address of SLOT0 extension (SEG1) and length
0x90002000 (leaves 8K at start of QSPI flash)